Sunday, March 4, 2012

Number 6 (sorta...skipping 4 and 5) done!

Lera, where you at?!

Blind Assassin finito! That was a pretty long one and probably the most interesting of the books I've read so far (not including Fountainhead). But still not a must read from my perspective.

There were basically 3 different story lines going on at once and so it would skip around from one story to the next, which was good because I wanted to know what was going on with the other story so I wanted to keep reading. But since it was so long I fell into my usual pattern of reading and then napping, reading and then napping... =]

BUT maybe that was also because I was reading on the plane to Kauai (whoo whoo was so much fun!) and 5 hours is a long time to be continuously reading! I think I've probably only done that for harry potter =P

Anwyhoo back to the book...at first I was kind of confused with the story line and what was going on, but as you read further things start to make a lot more sense and you begin to connect the dots. But for whatever reason I still didnt love this book...I think it might also be because of the circumstances....the story takes place pre and post WWII so women did not have a lot of rights. Which I guess in general just pisses me off. I know it happened and things are different now...yada yada...but just the idea that women had no way to control their future unless they had a man...argh!! How obnoxious!

Alright here's hoping American Pastoral is more my cup of tea...

No comments:

Post a Comment